27 sept 2012

Interview with brazilian artist Jajá Félix.

Name: Jarlan Félix.
Age: 24 years old.
Pseudonym: Jajá Félix.
Birth place: Brazil.
Where you actually live: Brazil.
Website: jarlanfelix.com
Fb fanpage: Jajá Félix

Rapetino: Freelance or working in agency?
Jajá Felix: 100% Working freelance. Never worked in agency, just freelance.

R: When did you realize that you wanted to illustrate for life? Is that what you wanna do with your life, or you have something else in your mind?
JF: Drawing since childhood, always wanted to work with art, although it started a bit late. That's what I want for my life.

R: Your art is urban, rough, sometimes like a slap in the face, does that have anything to do with the culture you grew up in?
JF: Always liked the punk culture and the DIY concept, sometimes drawing things that comes to mind. Also drawing my daily life.

R: Describe your style? And from your work, what your favorite piece?
JF: My style is simple, do not even know how to explain it, I just draw. My favorite piece is called "My Hopelessness and Me" describes well the feeling I had at the time.


R: What are you working at right now?
JF: I'm working on a new zine, I hope to launch soon. The new fanzine has no name, is still in the experimental stage.

R: Which artist have influenced you to get to the style you use now?
JF: I really like the new generation of artists, I follow the work of Wasted Rita, Yan Copelli, Ian Stevenson, Pau Bonet and veterans Fabio Zimbres, Raymond Pettibon and Daniel Johnston.


R: Have you had collab projects? Who?
JF: I recently set up the project Treze Fanzine that in its first edition was attended by Conehorror, Cezar Berger, Daniel Hogrefe, Dimas Forchetti, Eduardo Taborda, Elga Libano, Fabio Gava, Paraink, Flávio Grão, Gustavo Rocha, Jorge H. Loureiro, Kauê Garcia, Mariana Moyses, Matheus A. Quinan, Pablo P. Sanches, Rael Brian, Rogério Geo, Wasted Rita, Willian Sértório, Yan Copelli.


R: Which illustrators/artists would you like to know?
JF: I would like to know Tara McPherson or collective Bicicleta Sem Freio.

R: What kinda music you listen to?
JF: I listen to Punk, Hardcore, Rap, Dinosaur Jr., Blink 182, City And Colour, especially J. Mascis.

R: Last film you watched in the cinema? and at home?
JF: The Avengers, Green Lantern, Captain America. I've never been to the cinema.

R: How come you've never been to the cinema?
JF: I'm not really into films, I think it made ​​me not go to the cinema.

R: Fave food?
JF: Lasagna, like Garfield.

R: When you have spare time, how do you spend it?
JF: Sleeping.




2 comentarios: